Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Splendor Without Diminishment

Phew! I arrived back home this evening from Vancouver where I was visiting my brother and it's been a wonderful week. A lot of time spent for some brotherly bonding in and around the city: walking and driving around downtown Vancouver, Kitsalano(where my brother lives), Stanley Park and Vanier Park, going to Whistler for a day for some skiing, 3 days/nights camping and attending the Sasquatch Festival in Washington State, driving through Washington State and downtown Seattle, and really just taking it easy for a week. The west coast is very beautiful and I recommend everyone experience it. Oh, they also have a lot of freakin' Starbucks.

For the last week or so I've been technologically unplugged given that my brother doesn't have a computer nor a television(although he does have a portable DVD player and a portable stereo). Of course, I felt a twinge of withdrawl the first couple of days but it did get easier. After all, it was my vacation and watching television and surfing the net or blogging is probably the last things I should be doing. However, I do regret not getting an opportunity to read the comments on my last blog post while I was in Vancouver or else I would have checked out some of the other record stores you all recommended[I only checked out Zulu Records, and yes it is expensive]. In the end, being unplugged for a week was a real cleansing experience. Too bad I have to go back to work. That's all for now, but stay tuned for the in-depth version.

BTW, my brother's moving back home to Ontario soon after living in Vancouver for a year. You'd think he was crazy to move away from the totally awesome Vancouver/west coast lifestyle(for him, it was mostly the snowboarding at Whister), but he has his reasons. In any case, I'm glad he's coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment