Monday, August 27, 2007

Come Back Margaret

Traceyanne of Camera Obscura at Phoenix: photo by Michael Ligon

On a jump from tomorrow when I hope to post more about yesterday's great Camera Obscura gig at the Phoenix, check out Eye Weekly and It's Not The Band I Hate... who both review the show and basically said almost everything I wanted to say anyway. So maybe I won't ramble any more about it tomorrow. Or maybe I will.

I have some photos from the show. Tracyanne's a doll.

Okay, here's some concert announcements:

You Say Party! We Say Die!, k-os, and M.I.A. are playing at Toronto Centre Island on September 7 as part of Ryerson University's frosh festivities. I got the info off of YSPWSD's MySpace and I think I might just crash this[supposedly the show's only for Ryerson students] in lieu of the Virgin Festival[happening Sept 7-8 oops, I meant Sept 8-9] which I'm not sure I still want to go to(ever since Amy Winehouse cancelled). But I really want to see M.I.A. On the topic of frosh concerts, anyone know yet what bands/artists are lined up for University of Toronto's frosh concert?

Via Stille Post, just about honorary Ontarians by now, Japan's Zoobombs return for some shows around the Golden Horseshoe, making a stop in Toronto for shows at the Silver Dollar on October 9 and October 16. They also be in Montreal for Pop Montreal and in Halifax for the Halifax Pop Explosion. All dates over at their MySpace.

Annuals with openers Manchester Orchestra are at The Mod Club on November 3[via Pitchfork].

Glass Candy return for a show in Toronto on November 1 at a venue TBA. Their MySpace lists it as a Halloween show but it's a day after Halloween. Those crazy kids. They have a few new demos streaming over at their MySpace, if their disco-y, electro-pop is your thing. If anything, it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment