Saturday, November 26, 2005

Oh You're So Silent

Limeworld.com has some photos and video clips from a recent Broken Social Scene/The Most Serene Republic show in Edmonton AB. The last photo of new female vocalist Lisa Lobsinger, with guest violinst Julie Penner in the background, is magnificent. I watched and listened to the clip for "Shorelines" and heard Lisa's vocals for the first time. I think Lisa does a more than adequate job in the female vox department. But judging from some of the photos, I'm wondering what sort of presence she has on stage. Well, I'm looking forward to BSS' show at the Kool Haus in Toronto on January 21st in the new year to find out.

Three Imaginary Girls has a way-detailed review of Jens Lekman's wonderful EP/rarities compilation "Oh You're So Silent, Jens". I'd already picked this CD up before I read the review, but if this review doesn't convince you to buy the CD, I don't know what will.

chartattack reports that Vancouver's The Organ who are signed to Mint Records in Canada, have just inked a deal with Too Pure in the UK.

A little bird told me that Uncut had to back out of tonight's show at Sneaky Dee's because their drummer has an infection in his leg. So opening for The Diableros will be Henri Faberge and The Adorables.

No comments:

Post a Comment