Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Late Show With David Letterman - March 2, 2006The following is yet another example of me discovering a band months after everyone else has already heard them. Yes, I'm a little slow about things sometimes.

Months ago I'd seen this live video(of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah performing "The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" at Seaport Music Festival on August 10, 2005) which was the first time I'd heard CYHSY. While I thought the song was catchy, I remembered it more for the insane guy jumping up and down along to the music, rather than for the song itself which I quickly shelved to the back of my mind. Recently, I've been hearing the song on Edge 102.1 without actually remembering who'd performed the song but I thought it was one of the most catchiest songs I'd heard in the last little while. Surprise, surprise it turns out to be CYHSY. Sam The Record Man in downtown Toronto happens to have a sale right now on selected CD titles and CYHSY's self-titled album is only $13.99 so last week I promptly purchased it. While the hype directed towards the band over the last six to twelve months almost destroyed any motivation I had to give the band a chance, I'm glad I finally hear what all the fuss is about. Too bad I won't be going to their show in Toronto at The Opera House, which was sold out long ago.

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah recently performed "Is this Love?" on Late Show with David Letterman. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment