Thursday, March 30, 2006

Baby's Got Sauce

G LoveI recall that back in the late 90's, G. Love & Special Sauce were quite the draw in Toronto. If I remember correctly, at least one year they'd come to Toronto three times! I won't call myself a huge G Love fan if only for the fact that I don't listen to my CD's of his very much, but I've always enjoyed his musical mix of old school hip hop and southern blues influences(less hip hop and more blues-y in recent years). It's summer music definitely. The last time I recall G. Love coming to Toronto was last year on a bill with Donavon Frankenreiter and Jack Johnson, performing at the gigantic Molson Ampitheatre. It is great news then that G Love & Special Sauce'll be swinging through Toronto for a show on June 8th at the decidedly more intimate Phoenix Concert Theatre. Tickets are onsale Saturday, April 8th at 10am! In the meantime, rekindle some fond musical memories over at his MySpace.[photo from http://../]

Pollstar indicates that Eels and Smoosh will be at The Mod Club on June 17th.

Danko Jones have a hometown show at The Opera House on May 6th, tickets $17.50.

And the band that has the dubious honour of being the first band I ever saw in concert(back in highschool during their "Sonic Temple" tour), The Cult are scheduled for a show at Molson Ampitheatre on May 26th, tickets $43.35-$53.25. Man, do I feel old.

Jason Little from Grandaddy performed a live acoustic session for BBC 6 Music's Gideon Coe program yesterday. Listen here(session starts about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the program; program only archived for a week.)

Eye Weekly's Michael Barclay reviews the Magnolia Electric Co./Destroyer/Nedelle show at Lee's Palace on March 25th which I attended.

NOW also speaks with Centro-Matic's Will Johnson. They band perform this Wednesday April 5th with Misra label-mates Great Lake Swimmers at Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto.

Sarah Liss of NOW spoke with Neko Case by cell phone. The Toronto Sun also spoke with Neko[via Largehearted Boy]. Neko performs at Danforth Music Hall this Sunday April 2. I don't think I'll be going, unless I have a last minute change of heart and or it's not sold out, but I did manage to score a spot for the audience taping of Neko performing live for US television show "Beautiful Noise" which will be taping this Monday April 3rd at Berkeley Church in Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment