Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just For Laughs

After work today I strolled down Yonge St and saw that an event was being set up at Yonge Dundas Square and they were blocking off part of Yonge St. north of Queen St. I didn't know what it was at the time, but after reading Torontoist I now know that it's part of Just For Laughs Toronto, the Montreal comedy festival which is hitting Toronto for the first time ever. There's a free street festival going on Friday and Saturday night between 6 pm and 11 pm, including a comedy set by Toronto's own Russell Peters Friday night at 7 pm down at Yonge Dundas Square. Check out Torontoist for more comedy fest happenings this weekend.

On a related comedy-note, while I was walking south on Yonge St. after work I happened to pass this little grotto between the buildings(just north of Queen St.) where I saw a large group of young 'uns gathered and I had an impression that they were taping an episode of MTV's "Yo Mamma"(I know the show has taped in Toronto before). Was that in fact what I saw and if so, is the show here for the Just For Laughs Toronto festival also?

YouTube: Russell Peters - "Outsourced Terrorist"

No comments:

Post a Comment