Sunday, September 19, 2004

Noise Addict

Ben Lee(in silhouette): photo from http://www.ben-lee.com/gallery/index.htm#I'm still pondering about whether to go to the Ben Lee show this Wednesday at The Mod Club Theatre. It all depends on whether my Continuing Education course starting this week falls on a Wednesday as well. My first class is tomorrow and the course supposedly is two nights a week, so we will find out tomorrow what day the second class will fall on. (The course, by the way, is on HTML and I'm considering a career change to Web Development from my current job in client services within the Ontario provincial government.) ...But for now check out the spiffy cover of Modest Mouse's "Float On" performed by Ben Lee, which is by way of Stereogum, by way of Music for Robots.

I'm looking forward to The Trash Can Sinatras show @ Lee's Palace in Toronto this Thursday September 23. I plan to reacquaint myself with their CD's over the next several days which I've neglected for far too long. According to their website, the band will also be making an appearance on Canada A.M. @ 8:30 AM on September 24th.

Not much happening today but did manage to snag some bargain finds at the Orchestras of Mississauga's Annual Used Book Sale, including a vinyl copy of The Housemartins' "London 0 Hull 4" for a $1!

No comments:

Post a Comment