Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Statement of Intent

Bis90's disco-punks, Bis, are reforming under the moniker Data Panik. Funny, I've been finding some of their[Bis'] albums and e.p.'s in the cutout bin lately which I decided to purchase but I haven't even gotten around to listening to them yet. I've heard a song or two before and thought the vocals were a little cutesy at times but the music was quite spunky. And I've heard their live shows were really energetic. I never caught them live back in the 90's(funny how that sounds like so long ago already) so I hope they tour again. Update: For more info on the reformation, go to bisnation.com. [info from theStereoEffect.com] [photo from http://../]

Hamilton's seeming more and more like a worthwhile trip down from Mississauga to catch shows. I think I'll be heading down to The Casbah to catch Kathleen Edwards tonight(that is if I don't change my mind at the last minute). The Hamilton board at 20hz also lists a bunch of worthwhile April shows that I'd consider attending including The Hidden Cameras at The Casbah on April 21st and The New Deal at The Casbah on April 29th(which at the respective artists' web sites do not indicate any Toronto dates).

Watch high quality streaming video for Feist's music video for "Inside and Out". I previously posted a similar link for the same video from a link through muso's guide but that link wasn't working properly afterward(and still isn't). The new link above seems to be working well, although it does still require some pesky registration in order to view the video. But it is totally worth it.

See You In The Pit is a relatively new-ish MP3 blog, it's mandate being to post mp3's of bands/artists who'll be at this year's SXSW. Quite a good selection of mp3's so far. Alot of buzzworthy artists, and you know we're(myself included) are all about the hype machine. ;-) Be forewarned, as the web site states, the blog will "self-destruct on March 22nd". Part of me is hoping that the mp3 blog will continue in one form after the end of SXSW.

Another Constantines/Weakerthans 19+ show has been added for April 7th at Lee's Palace, according to Rotate This.

Build your own Uptown Lights mix tape! Uptown Lights are an r'n'b cover band featuring Greg Dulli, ex of The Afghan Whigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment