Friday, March 18, 2005

Fingers Crossed

Architecture in HelsinkiPitchfork reports that Architecture of Helsinki will be travelling to the U.S. for some live dates. The band website doesn't list any North American dates yet. So I listened to some samples over at the band site and I must say I'm definitely interested. They sound like the offspring of Belle and Sebastian sometimes and other times have a slight electronic tinge. The Australian band consists of eight members and man do I love large bands. Their second album comes out April 12th on Bar/None Records. I'm crossing my fingers that they swing through Toronto because I'd be so there. [photo from http://../]

CKLN 88.1 FM's Wired For Sound will be broadcasting the French Kicks' show at the Horsehoe in Toronto, recorded a couple of weeks ago. Listen in online at http://www.ckln.com @ 12 am EST tomorrow, March 20th. Of course, if you're in Toronto, tune in to 88.1 on your FM dial.

Damn, I hope something like this happens at the April 28th Arcade Fire show at Danforth Musical Hall(in Toronto) that I'll be going to.

Hey, the Lollapalooza site says to come back April 1st. Good news, I'm assuming.

the oh so quiet show has some cool SXSW-related links for those of you(such as myself) unlucky to be there.

And Splendid is doing an awesome job of covering SXSW! Check out their daily coverage, including photos!

Check out this fun mp3 of The Raveonettes covering "My Boyfriend's Back". [link via rocksnob(see 18/03/2005 post) via The Mystical Beast]

No comments:

Post a Comment