Sunday, June 05, 2005

Wonders Never Cease

Daisy Martey of MorcheebaHaven't had a chance to sample the new Morcheeba? The band recently released their new album "The Antidote". The band won't be coming to North America any time soon(the band's beginning a European tour today[June 5th] which'll last through the summer) so in the meantime watch a music video of Morcheeba's "Wonders Never Cease" which features new vocalist Daisy Martey. As much as I liked original Morcheeba vocalist Skye Edward's supple voice, I'm quite liking new vocalist Ms. Martey's stronger vocal style.

A torrent of The Arcade Fire's set at this year's Sasquatch Festival is available over at dimeadozen.org. [thanks to Largehearted Boy for the link]

Zoilus eulogizes the death(or at least the soon-to-be death) of the cassette.

Dan Burke(over at stillepost.ca) let's the cat out of the bag that The Zoobombs will be returning to Toronto in September!

A post over at stillepost.ca says that the CBC Radio 3 is now doing podcasts. The CBC Radio 3 podcasts will feature 100% Canadian music from new and emerging artists.

I decided several weeks ago to pay the $12 US fee at Haloscan.com to upgrade my account primarily to have my old archived comments available for viewing again. The archived comments(anything over 6 months old) were suppose to show up back on my site within a 24 hour period but Haloscan was having alot of problems with reinstating the comments. Apparently, there were many other users experiencing the same problem. I'm happy to say that all comments are now up. Time to relive some old memories. he he. :-)

On another personal note, I'm thinking of heading down to the Hamilton Record Show this afternoon before going to The Hidden Cameras gig at The Phoenix tonight in Toronto. If I end up going to the Record Show, I'll let you know what I picked up, so you all can be green with envy. Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment