Saturday, October 15, 2005

Photo Album

Death Cab For CutieChartattack has part one of an interview with Death Cab For Cutie's Chris Walla and Ben Gibbard. Part two of the interview with Ben Gibbard will be posted next week. While Death Cab's riding a wave of success and they have a sold out show tonight in Toronto at Kool Haus(I'll be there), Jim DeRogatis of The Chicago Sun-Times is less kind with his opinion towards Death Cab For Cutie's music spewing out statements like it's "...so utterly boring, banal and snooze-inducing," and "Death Cab isn't incapable of delivering a memorable melody..." That last statement in particular was based on his assessment of a recent live show, so I'm hoping that's not an indication of what's to come for tonight's show. Otherwise, I think his statements are far too bold and uninformed. [photo from http://../]

Has Conan O'Brien started his own trend? Following the recent hour-long U2 appearance on Late Night With Conan O'Brien, next on the sched will be Neil Young who will appear on the show for an entire week as the musical guest during the week of November 1st to the 4th. Conan joked, "I wanted two solid months of Neil Young, but he told me it was, quote, 'getting creepy'."

Download the animated video for The Heavy Blinkers' song "Try Telling That To My Baby".

Liz Phair talks to The Buffalo News about growing up and fitting in.

Chartattack speaks with Magneta Lane who report that their debut full-length, "Dancing With Daggers" will be released next week in Japan through Pony Canyon while Canadians will have to wait until February.

View Magazine speaks with The Deadly Snakes' frontman Max McCabe.

The Japan Times speaks with Verity Susman of Electrelane.

The Constantines will be performing a live session for KEXP today at 3 pm PST, 6 pm EST.

I've taken photos at concerts with my trusty point and shoot digital camera but I don't think I've ever been overbearing about it. I primarily go to shows for the music and photos are just a souvenir. Sanitary Napkin recounts a couple of recent concerts in Montreal when he unfortunately ended up standing beside the same "jackass" would-be photographer at both shows. He states, "With the 1200 pictures he got i'm sure he'll make some very self-congratulatory "artistic" interpretation of the show and the music on his shitty website conveying how the music makes him feel." I laughed at first but then thought, was this would-be photographer ever BLOCKING his view of the stage? If yes, then I have total sympathy. Otherwise I couldn't give a flying fuck how many photos anyone takes at a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment