Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Links(and Licks)

Juliette Lewis of Juliette and The LicksMostly just some multimedia links/downloads I'd like to offer to you right now. I dig these and you should too.

Broken Social Scene performed a live session for Morning Becomes Eclectic yesterday(November 8, 2005). Download the torrent of the session or listen to/watch streaming media of the session. [torrent link via Largehearted Boy and streaming media link via Just Keep Bloggin']

chromewaves has one of his all encompassing Broken Social Scene updates which I'm always up for. I think I'll be buying tickets for their Kool Haus show on January 21, 2006... even if, ugh, it is the Kool Haus. Gotta support the hometown boys on their quest for world domination.

I'm still reeling after the terrific Jens Lekman show at The Music Gallery in Toronto this past Saturday. I haven't come across any bootlegs of that show on the 'net yet, but there's some recent torrents of some other Jens' shows here and here.

Je Suis Bien Calee has a radio show called Music Is My Boyfriend on campus radio station on WRUW(in Cleveland) and she recently did a show that was a "tribute to the handclap." God, when it comes to pop music, I LOVE the handclap(just like I love a good string or horn arrangement.) You can download the archived show[in mp3 format] here, but get to it because the show's only archived for a week. (The original broadcast date of this particular episode was I believe last Sunday November 6th, so you should have at least until the weekend to download the episode still.)

There'll be a Matt Pond Pa interview on CJIQ FM's The Backstage Pass. Two chances to listen to it, November 10th(7 pm EST) or November 11th(11 pm EST). The shows are eventually archived here where you can either listen to or download past shows.

NOW gives Juliette and The Licks' performance at Lee's Palace(on November 3rd) it's highest rating of NNNN. For those of you not in the know, Juliette is actress Juliette Lewis. I think I saw part of one of their music videos on The Wedge once but wasn't overly impressed. But maybe I should have been. Hmmmm. Actress makes leap into music ring with favourable reviews. Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

No comments:

Post a Comment