Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I Used To Be A Design

A Quiet Revolution polled a group of Canadian east coast music industry types to come up with 20 Popular Bands From Canada's East Coast. And coming in first is the one and only Jenn Grant. There's actually a bunch of artists in the poll that I haven't heard of...I'll probably at least check out some of The Heavy Blinkers' Jason MacIsaac's recommendations. Also check out the 27 artists that didn't make it into the top 20.

According to Jenn Grant's MySpace she'll be back in Toronto for Canadian Music Week for a show at the Tranzac Club on March 9. Also on the bill will be Ruth Minnikin(yay!) and Haligonian singer-songwriter Mark Bragg.

YouTube: Ruth Minnikin - Chicken Cooped Up In Country Music (live at North End Pub - August 15, 2006)

Speaking of The Heavy Blinkers, when's that supposed new album going to be released, huh Jason? Jason recently posted on YouTube a video of The Heavy Blinkers performing "I Used To Be A Design" on CBC's ZedTV. It's from several years back I guess, but I'm not sure when:

YouTube: The Heavy Blinkers - I Used To Be A Design (live on CBC's ZED TV)
MySpace: The Heavy Blinkers

Air has a new e-card for the new album "Pocket Symphony" which will be out March 5:

e-card: Air - Pocket Symphony(LP)
MySpace: Air

Finally, the Canadian Music Week site's band list has been updated, and the most exciting news(at least to me) is that UK girl group throwbacks The Pipettes will be performing at this year's festival. I have no idea of a date since their MySpace nor the CMW site indicates anything yet, but it's only a matter of time.

YouTube: The Pipettes - Pull Shapes (music video)
MySpace: The Pipettes

No comments:

Post a Comment