Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Yawny at the Apocalypse

According to Pitchfork, troubadour/violinst Andrew Bird will announce more US dates for this September. Hopefully he'll throw in a Toronto date. On June 8 he'll perform a live session for BBC 6 Music's Gideon Coe(live sessions are usually at about 1 hour and 40 minutes into the program - I think it's on around 6:40 am(or is that 5:40 am?)EST on June 8.

Chartattack spoke to Sweden's The Soundtrack Of Our Lives about recording and touring and the current state of Swedish rock music. They play not one, not two, but three shows during this year's NXNE as follows:

June 7 @ Healey's Roadhouse
June 8 @ Silver Dollar
June 9 @ Healey's Roadhouse

I saw a poster at Sam The Record Man advertising a gig at the Reverb on June 14 that'll include Rob Smith of Bristol, UK's Smith and Mighty. Rob has a new project called Smith and Whitney. If you're not familiar with Smith and Mighty, well they're sort of forefathers to the whole Bristol trip hop scene which spawned more familiar bands like Massive Attack and Portishead. This show could be interesting.

Tickets for The Cowboy Junkies' July 3rd date at Live @ The Courthouse in Toronto quietly went on sale yesterday. Sorry, I didn't mention it earlier, but I just wanted to make sure that I got a ticket for myself before it sold out. We're all selfish at one point. I bought mine through tickmaster.ca and it set me back about $31. But it's well worth it in my opinion to see the 'Junkies perform in an intimate venue, and also considering that it seems like they haven't play a hometown gig in ages. As I said back in February, I vowed to see the 'Junkies this time around no matter what the cost.

Newest Arts & Crafts signees, UK's Los Campesinos play the Horseshoe Tavern on August 7. They're also playing the Hillside Festival in Guelph, ON on July 27.

Au Revoir Simone return for yet another gig in Toronto, this time headlining their own show, on August 15 at Lee's Palace[via ticketmaster.ca]. Tickets are already on sale.

Folkie Suzanne Vega has a gig at The Mod Club on September 26[via Emerge].

Note: For some reason, Blogger doesn't want to publish this on June 6, so I've dated this post June 5 in the meantime. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment