Thursday, December 24, 2009

Together In Our Holiday Sweaters

Moz Ugly X'mas SweaterI'm just about to wrap Christmas presents (yes I always leave wrapping to the last minute) but I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Too late to order it now (and it's also sold out) but Viva Moz' interpretation of the ugly Christmas sweater with Morrissey's mug smack dab on the chest is something to behold. I think I'd actually wear it, at least during Christmas, if I had it. A conversation piece, for sure. [via Retro To Go]

While running some errands and picking up some last minute items, I popped on the ol' iPod and came across a Yuletide offering from The Raveonettes entitled 'Come On Santa' which I'd realized I'd never got around to hearing until today. Vice made the MP3 available for download earlier this year, and it's still up for grabs:

MP3: The Raveonettes - "Come On Santa"

Zunior's offering up a free mp3 sampler of holiday tunes performed by Canadian indie artists.

Largehearted Boy's been collecting some holiday-related downloadable audio links over the last week or so and of those I've checked out I really like the following. I especially like the track from San Francisco's My First Earthquake and I definitely recommend checking out the video - fun track, and vocalist Rebecca Bortman has awesome energy:

MP3: My First Earthquake - "Together In Our Holiday Sweaters"
Video: My First Earthquake - "Together In Our Holiday Sweaters" (music video)
MP3: Adam and Sara - "Wonderful Christmastime"

Finally, here's Little Boots performing an ol' Christmas classic:

Video: Little Boots - "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

1 comment:

  1. I'm digging the Morrissey sweater. Usually for tacky sweaters parties I go with an ugly holiday sweater, but I think this one could work.

    ReplyDelete