Sunday, June 06, 2010

It's Cool To Love Your Family

As some of you already know, my wonderful mother Leonida passed away early last week sending my family and I reeling into a period of sadness, mourning, and stress. She had ongoing medical issues over the last 30 years, culminating in a stroke about 9 years ago which left her physically paralyzed on one side of her body but she was still mentally sharp as a tack. Having her not living at home was an adjustment but in time it got easier and my visits to her at her long-term care facility, usually at least on a weekly basis if not more often, were always something I looked forward to. She was a friend, sister, mother, and wife, and nurse and having looked at many of her photos over the last week or so, I can see she led a rich life. To everyone that knew her, she will be missed. Thanks to all for sending their condolensces. Thanks to my family, relatives and friends for standing by me through this difficult period. And yes, things are getting better. I hope to get back to some regular posting in the future, perhaps by next week, but yes music is still a part of me with The National show at Massey Hall on Tuesday and other upcoming summer shows still on my itinerary. I think my mom would want me to continue to do the things that make me happy. Back in 2007, I'd posted a link to the song below (during a difficult period of 'real life' taking priority), and yes, the song's sentiment is exactly what's got me through the last week:

Feist - "It's Cool To Love Your Family"

3 comments:

  1. Hey Mike - best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael, I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you're doing better. My deepest condolences goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! Michael, so sad to hear. Best to everyone, and glad you have good people around you!

    ReplyDelete