Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Saint Etienne, Snowblink @ The Opera House, Toronto (October 24, 2012)

Sarah Cracknell of Saint Etienne: photo by Michael Ligon
  Sarah Cracknell of Saint Etienne: photo by Michael Ligon

Well hello blog readers. You still here? Back in October of last year, I finally got to see UK band Saint Etienne live in Toronto. Apparently the last time they'd been to town was a decade earlier. Fortunately, I'd got to check off the band off my bucket list when I saw them live in Barcelona, Spain in 2009 during the Primavera Sound Festival. The band came to town to promote their newest album "Words and Music" (which I still haven't listened to, even though I bought the album at the show, shame on me). Much like the first time I saw the band live, it was really centered around vocalist Sarah Cracknell and her sunny smile, her charming personality, her vivacious dancing and her somewhat demure yet cool vocals. Can't really say anymore other than it was an enjoyable set,nothing more nothing less.

Photos: Saint Etienne, Snowblink @ The Opera House, Toronto (October 24, 2012)

More reviews (proper ones) over at Exclaim, Chromewaves, Indie Kid Vs. Dance Kid, The Panic Manual and The Golder Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment