Thursday, October 21, 2004

Be Sweet

Greg DulliPopMatters celebrates five years of online pop-culture commentary, including showcasing Editor's Picks of various articles and reviews the PopMatters staff have written over the years. I can't remember when I came across the PopMatters web site for the first time, but slowly it's seeped into my subconscious and become an (almost)daily habit for me. I look forward to another five years...On a side-note(and a great example of PopMatters quality), Popmatters has quite an informative interview with The Twilight Singers' Greg Dulli, discussing the death of his close friend(and film director) Ted Demme, a new DVD from The Twilight Singers' last tour(with a release date TBA), the much talked about release of "Amber Headlights" a record recorded in full just after the Afghan Whigs broke up, and the possibility of an Afghan Whigs reunion.

Ben Lee has signed to New West Records, a label which features releases by such artists as Drive-By Truckers, Vic Chesnutt, and Old 97's. Ben's new album "Awake Is The New Sleep" will be released in February 2005. [from the Ben Lee News announcement mailing list]

Joe Pernice posts to his message board for the first time[well, at least according to his post count], commenting on his beloved Bo-Sox playoff comeback...I wish I was more of sports fan to appreciate their win, 'cause I feel like I'm missing something.

A new Libertines DVD will be available November 15th. Details to follow. [from the official Libertines site, news update October 19, 2004]

Someone posted a torrent over at @forums of the PJ Harvey show from October 15/04 in Toronto @ The Phoenix. Amazing, how fast this show got posted on-line. It's nice to have a souvenir of such a wonderful show. I've already finished downloading it(but haven't extracted it yet). I assumed for a second this was a soundboard recording but then when I read the info details closely, I found out it was a show taped by a spectactor and the taper had hidden the microphone in his hat! :-)

Just around the corner for me and some friends of mine(and likely to make the long winter months more bearable)...Yahoo! Sports Fantasy NBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment