Thursday, October 28, 2004

"Well tonight thank God it’s them instead of you"

Bono: photo from http://www.hellodita.com/bandaid.htmlThe Band Aid 3 project is slowly taking shape as Midge Ure hopes to recruit the likes of Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol and The Streets to the fold. Ure also hopes to get Bono on board to sing his pivotal verse "Well tonight thank God it’s them instead of you", from the original "Do They Know It's Christmas?" single. That would be wicked. [from NME.]

Andy Kershaw, BBC radio DJ comments on John Peel's death: "He [Peel] said to me, 'They[the BBC] have put my programme back further into the night and I feel marginalised. It's killing me.'" Such a shame. [From LAUNCH.]

Death From Above 1979 finish off their Canadian tour with one date in November(on the 11th in Vancouver) and a slew of Ontario dates through the first week of December, with at date at Lee's Palace on the 9th and the tour wrapping up in London[Ontario] on the 10th. [from Soul Shine Magazine.]

A controller.controller/Death From Above 1979/From Fiction tour is in the works as we speak, according to Ronnie from controller.controller on their message board.

With Halloween coming up, I'm interested if anyone has any cool Halloween mix CD's. A download would be cool, but I'll settle for just a tracklisting. They don't necessarily have to be Halloween songs in the sense of ghosts and goblins, but rather songs that put you in the mood for Halloween. I made a Halloween mix CD a couple of years ago which I'm happy with. I'll try to post the tracklisting tomorrow [not for download unfortunately, but if you want the songs, I'm sure you'll find a way to get 'me off the 'net.]

So after almost two hours, I just finished picking my roster during the live draft on Yahoo! Fantasy NBA! Time to get my game face on. See Ya's!

No comments:

Post a Comment