Friday, December 10, 2004

Gone Gone Gone

The New DealThe New Deal tonight at The Opera House w/ openers, Madrid. I'll be going down to the show with my brother. I saw these guys play this past Canada Day at Nathan Phillips Square in Toronto, and they had played a solid two hour set of house, breakbeat, hip hop, jazz-influenced music, with a foundation soley on drums, bass, and keyboards/sequencers. They introduced some female vocals and a guest jazz guitarist on a tune or two, but otherwise as a trio the guys were quite versatile. Shit, the band's music is HOT. Live Music Archive has a collection of live shows for download. I won't be surprised if tonight's show get's added to the archive soonafter. [photo left from http://../]

The Pixies will appear on The Late Show with David Letterman next Tuesday December 14/04. [from The Late Night TV Page]

10:51 am Toronto reports that cell phone prices are going up...which could mean for me that my Nokia cell phone which I purchased several months ago could suddenly turn into a $129.99[plus taxes] device that I'll likely only be using to check the time and play the bowling game. I'm currently only a Pay-As-You-Go user so I'm hoping that there'll be contracts available that'll make it worthwhile to switching to a plan.

Yahoo! reports on the growing problem of BitTorrent and the piracy of Hollywood movies on the 'net.

No comments:

Post a Comment