Sunday, July 31, 2005

Length of Love

InterpolDepraved Fangirls wrote a wonderfully poignant, warts-and-all commentary about why she loves Interpol. I'm not a big fan of Interpol, but it's her general ideas that can be applied to -insert favourite band here-. She expressed that there's a difference between loving a band and just being a fan, and I can't remember the last time someone put it more eloquently. I tell you, go read the post. I'm not sure if I've reached that level of devotion for ANY band(maybe Sloan at one time) but at least I'll know it when I get there. Ahem...and I can recall one other depraved fangirl in Toronto who probably feels as much devotion for Interpol as Depraved Fangirls does. Oh yeah, Interpol's at Kool Haus in Toronto on September 28th. But you already knew that. [blog link from angryrobot; photo from http://../]

Ear To The Ground Festival organizers posted over at stillepost that Early Bird weekend passes($40) are now available for purchase at Soundscapes in Toronto.

Here's a couple of Matt Pond PA live shows that I turned up during a Yahoo! search[downloads courtesy of The Black Dog]:

  • The Bug Jar, Rochester NY, May 14 2002

  • Broadway Joe's, Buffalo NY, November 4 2002


  • Death Cab For Cutie make the cover of the new issue[summer 2005] of Under The Radar.

    Here's a torrent of an mpeg video of Metric at the Art Rock Festival in France on
    June 03, 2005, where they performed acoustic renditions of "Combat Baby" and "Love Is A Place". It's a slow download right now. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in 17 HOURS. [torrent link from Largehearted Boy]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment