Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Life Stories For Minimum Wage

Cuff The DukeTeenage Fanclub's show at The Mod Club in Toronto yesterday was awesome, but it'll take me at least another day to sort out my photos and write up my usual review. When did "Bandwagonesque", my first foray into the world of Teenage Fanclub, come out? "1991", you say. Wow, and about 14 years later, I've now seen them live for the first time. I'm feeling old. But on to today's links(while I go ponder the meaning of life.) ;-)

Interpol will be back at Kool Haus in Toronto on September 28th for an all-ages show. Tickets, $30.00, onsale July 30th at 10 am through the regular outlets. Kool Haus? Well at least it's not The Docks. I' still not gonna go though. [ticket info from rootmeansqueare]

Scotland's cow-punks Sons and Daughters will be playing Lee's Palace on September 5th!!!!!! Tickets are only $9.00!!!! Onsale at the usual outlets on July 27th. [info from Lee's Palace ]

Mocking Music examines the C86 scene as both a genre of music(indiepop) as well as literally a cassette collection of tracks of indie artists at the time(1986, in Britain). Mocking Music also has links to mp3's of all the tracks that were compiled on the C86 cassette which had been given away free with an issue of NME back in 1986.

Thanks to Largehearted Boy for pointing out that Arcade Fire fansite Us Kids Know has a bittorrent tracker for the band's live shows and rarities. Sign up and browse the shows available. And if ye taketh, please shareth.

Just a reminder, Cuff The Duke, Soundscapes instore, today 6:30 pm. Save me a spot near the front. Yes, the boys' new self-titled album is out today, and I believe you can buy it today at Soundscapes for $9.99. Run, don't walk. [top photo from http://../]

No comments:

Post a Comment