Monday, March 05, 2007

Around The World

My internet went down over the weekend inexplicably. I don't realize how much I want/need it until it's gone. I was forced to buy my Feist tickets(for the May 26 show at Massey Hall) from Ticketmaster over the phone rather than online through the Massey Hall website which I usually'd prefer. I also missed the stream of the Wilco album entitled "Sky Blue Sky" on the band's website on Saturday night; I didn't know about the event until I read Pitchfork today. Stereogum had also mentioned it and by the comments left it seems that the opinion on the new album is split; someone mentioned, 'too adult contemporary'. The only song I've heard off the new album so far is "Impossible Germany" and it's one of the smoother sounding Wilco songs I've heard, but it's also one of the most melodic ones and I really like it.

From Blown Speakers points out that Daft Punk could be touring North America in July and August including stops in Canada(Toronto included). Info hasn't been confirmed yet apparently, and the source of the info is the Coachella Message Boards. But it looks like a possibility.

chartattack spoke to frontman Don Matsuo of Japan's The Zoobombs about of all things his addiction to donuts. The band has a string of Ontario dates lined up for the next few weeks include a 3 night stint in Toronto at The Comfort Zone from March 8-10. Lineup info over at Stille Post courtesy of Dan Burke. And he really wants you to go or else.

BlogTO and Chromewaves caught Swedish artist El Perro Del Mar's instore performance at Soundscapes yesterday. She performs at The Mod Club tonight with openers The Submarines.

Pollstar points out that Page France and Headlights will be at the Tranzac on May 5, although take this info as tentative. The Tranzac website lists an Over The Top Fest BBQ scheduled for that date but doesn't list any bands. The Over The Top Fest website nor Headlights' website/MySpace doesn't list the show at all. Page France's Myspace lists the show as them and Matt and Kim at Tranzac on May 5. Pollstar is known to be inaccurate but I'm really hoping they're right; Headlights ARE touring with Page France. I'm just hoping this includes Toronto. I'd really like to see Headlights live.

No comments:

Post a Comment