Monday, August 06, 2007

Contest - Win A Copy Of The Russian Futurists - 'Me, Myself & Rye' - CLOSED

The Russian Futurists - 'Me, Myself, and Rye'Back from my Florida vacation for a day now and dreading have to go back to work tomorrow, but the recharge I got as a result of a week off down in Florida hopefully prepared me to get myself mentally back into this blog. First order of business, my first contest. I don't expect to have many of these so here's one for you - courtesy of EMI, I have three copies of Toronto's The Russian Futurists' "Me, Myself and Rye" to give away. Recently released on Upper Class Recordings, the album collects songs from the band's first three full-lengths. I've mentioned before admiring the band's blend of psychedelic, electronic, and pop influences capably steered by it's heart(and no pun intended) Matthew Adam Hart whose quirky vocals and songwriting give the Futurists' songs its distinction. Great stuff. First 3 people to e-mail me[mouse over the little e-mail icon at the right for my e-mail address] get the CD.

Philogynist has photos from The Russian Futurists' afternoon set at The Drake Hotel Sky Yard from last week(Saturday July 29, 2007). Raymi posted a video clip on YouTube of the band at The Drake Hotel Sky Yard performing 'Paul Simon'.

Over at NOW, talking Toronto with The Russian Futurists.

Video: The Russian Futurists - 'Paul Simon' (music video)
MySpace: The Russian Futurists

UPDATE: THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATS TO DAVID, MIKE & STU! YOUR CD's WILL GO OUT IN THE MAIL SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment