Sunday, August 27, 2023

The Replacements - Can't Hardly Wait


Back in the 80's as pre-teen and teen, the public library system was my introduction to a lot of music and bands I wouldn't have heard otherwise and one of those band's was The Replacements and specifically their album "Tim". Not knowing their Mineaopolis, or Twin Tone / punk roots, I took The Replacements at face value as a terrific, major-label rock band. Had I been less of an Anglophile-centric music listener at the time (having been a fan of The Smith, The Cure, New Order, etc) I'd have probably dug The Replacements a lot more. As music videos rose to prominence in the 80's, it was a hoot to see the band release the same video for "Bastards of Young" and "Left of the Dial" as a fuck-you to the record company. But I was barely acquainted with the band even through to the late 80's as well as when the band broke up in the summer of 1991. I can't pinpoint when I started to reacquaint myself with the band (maybe the late 90's, or possibly early 2000's) but I was interested and fortunate enough to see them live when they played Riot Fest in Toronto in August 2013. Stereogum has all the deets on the upcoming box-set reissue of "Tim (Let It Bleed Edition)" being released September 22 through Rhino Records, which will include a number of bonus tracks including a previously unreleased cello version of "Can't Hardly Wait" as well as a newly remastered version of "Left of The Dial" amongst other unreleased recordings:


via Stereogum


via Stereogum







The Replacements | Official Website
Purchase: The Replacements - "Tim (Let It Bleed Edition)"

No comments:

Post a Comment