Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Long Gone Before Daylight ... aka Live and Learn

I'm not having any luck tracking down tickets for The Cardigans' show tomorrow in Toronto at Lee's Palace. Rotate This is out of its stock of tickets and Ticketmaster.ca also says that the show is sold out. I know, I know. I should have bought my ticket sooner. But then I just came back from Coachella and I wasn't sure if I'd be in the mood for another concert. It's surprising how fast I've adjusted back to Canadian life(from that California good-life). (or maybe it's just the recent warm weather which has made the transition smoother) My question is, WTF are The Cardigans doing by playing such a small venue as Lee's Palace, especially since 1)they haven't released an album in five years and there are alot of Cardigans fans just itching to see them live, and 2)IMO, The Cardigans could easily sell out a larger venue such as The Opera House? And then a glimmer of hope today; the Lee's Palace web site indicates that the show is 'almost sold out'. I've gotten nowhere trying to call Lee's Palace on the phone to inquire if there are still tickets to the show because they don't answer the phone. And to add insult to injury, I made the trek down to Lee's Palace after work only to find that 102.1 The Edge employees setting up for a concert tonight and there weren't any Lee's Palace employees around that I could ask about The Cardigans show tomorrow night. Anyone think there'll be scalpers tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment