Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Show Me

Jason Zumpano of SparrowI can't even copy and paste links from this damn Internet access which I'm using at a Toronto public library. I'm just about to head down to the Snow Patrol/Athlete show at the Kool Haus. So link's below will be updated this evening. Gotta make like a baby and head out. Update: links updated.

Sloan's live session for KEXP from May 5, 2005 can be downloaded via dimeadozen.org. [link from Largehearted Boy]

The English Beat, who I believe is really now just co-founder Dave Wakeling and his group of hired hands, will be coming back to Toronto for a couple of shows in the Fall of this year at the Horseshoe Tavern, October 21st and 22nd. [from Pollstar]

Brazilian Girls who are already scheduled for a gig at the El Mocambo in Toronto on June 3rd are now scheduled to play down the road in Hamilton at Pepper Jacks on July 1st. Bad timing may force me to miss both of these shows; If I'm not mistaken, I think there's a show or two in Toronto that I'm considering seeing around June 3rd and I'm already planning to go see Feist at Harbourfront on July 1st. Maybe next time Brazilian Girls. [Hamilton date info from Pollstar]

Tag Team Media posted tourdate info for Sparrow last week. Pitchfork's reporting the info again. And well, now I'm just telling you to check out those sites. Sparrow, if you don't already know, is the new-ish band formed by Jason Zumpano who used to be the drummer for Vancouver pop band Zumpano. I think I have a live session by Sparrow which I taped off CBC radio which I should check out again. Sparrow'll be hitting the road in June and July starting on the US west coast and will be making their way towards the east coast as far as Minneapolis. Of course Toronto's just around the corner, although nothing's been confirmed yet. In the meantime, listen to an mp3 of their song "Show Me" at the band's page over at Absolutely Kosher Records.[photo above from Tag Team Media]

Update[@ midnight]: Just came back from the Snow Patrol/Athlete show at the Kool Haus. Dollar for dollar, the British Sea Power show yesterday was so much better. Expect some sort of reviews(and photos) of both in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment