Friday, May 14, 2010

Links for May 14, 2010

The NationalTime permitting I'd like to get back to a more frequent posting schedule(say 4-5 times a week) so I'm thinking that in between concert reviews I'd like to return to posting random linkage, say between one to five links at a time. It could be music news, music links, concert announcments, or perhaps just a random 'ok, this what I'm listening to and I think you should too'. Don't expect comprehensive music listings, or cd reviews (although, on the rare occasion maybe I will post a CD review if something really moves me). These days it's harder and harder to post frequently either because of time constraints, mental blocks or because I'm just plain pooped. I'm not yet ready to give up the blog - for me at least, it still serves a purpose and I hope people are continuing to read. Let's see how things go.

I missed the last-minute Band of Horses surprise set at the Horseshoe Tavern a few nights ago having only read the news on Facebook around 9 pm that night, then finally deciding to drive downtown only to find that there was a lineup to get into the venue. Oh shucks. The Panic Manual has a review of the show. Tunes in TO has photos from the show. Chromewaves was there and should have his review up soon. The band are sticking in town for a little while more and will join George Stroumboulopoulos for the 2nd installment of the Radio Take Over on this week's THE STROMBO SHOW which aris CBC Radio 2 Sundays from 8 p.m. EST to Midnight and can be livestreamed at http://www.cbc.ca/listen/. You can stream the band's new album Infinite Arms here in advance of its release on May 18. The band will return for a set at Olympic Island on June 19.

As 4AD reminds that The National’s show this Saturday, May 15th will be webcast live via YouTube. It’s going to be directed by D A Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus. Fans will be able to view it at here. I'm psyched to see the real thing when they stop in the for the first of two nights at Massey Hall on June 8. Their newest album "High Violet" was released this week.

I don't really agree with the charging of an E-ticket in order to view a webcast concert but I may give in for Florence + The Machine who play London's Hammersmith Apollo tonight. For North Americans, you'll get a chance to see the show at a reasonable time through the web tonight at 9 pm EST[although technically it's going to be an 'instant replay' of the show]. In order to view the show you'll need to register and the actual E-ticket will cost you $9.99 US. You could also just register for free but that'll only get you the first 15 minutes of the show. So make your decision soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment