Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shout Out Louds @ The Mod Club, Toronto (May 8, 2010)

Shout Out Louds @ The Mod Club: photo by Michael Ligon

I celebrated my birthday this past Saturday with some family and friends down at Cafe Diplomatico in Toronto's Little Italy prior to the Shout Out Louds show at The Mod Club down the street. I terribly misjudged Shout Out Loud's set start time thinking they'd go on around 9 pm but apparently they went on about 20 minutes to 9 pm. I myself having a good time at dinner, eventually sauntered over myself to The Mod Club getting there about 20 minutes after 9 pm. Long story short, I missed most of the main set, but at least I caught the last three songs of the main set and was fortunate that Shout Out Louds played a three song encore during which they played "Your Parents' Living Room" and "You Are Dreaming" off of 2007's Our Ill Wills. Sold out crowd on hand, I was stuck near the back watching the show (hence the one photo above) - I could see pockets of movement within the crowd but overall the crowd seemed quite enamored with the Swedes. Hey, at least I caught seven songs. Damn you Mod Club and you're early start Saturday night concerts.

Fortunately, if you want reviews/photos of the show, check out Chromewaves and The Panic Manual. Aux also has photos from the show. fleeperzonk2 has some cool video from the show.

MySpace: Shout Out Louds

2 comments:

  1. http://settimes.ca

    might help next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hadn't check out that site for the Shout Out Louds show; wish I did. However, the ticket said the show started at 8 pm. Still, I was running late that night because I'd had my birthday dinner with some friends and family down the street and only got to The Mod Club about a quarter after nine; clearly I'm partially at fault for missing so much of the show. He he.

    ReplyDelete