Saturday, November 20, 2004

Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes

Clementine and JoelI did make it out to The Fever/The Uncut/From Fiction show at the El Mocambo in Toronto yesterday, but I'll have to save the review for tomorrow. Also watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" yesterday. I started watching the movie before said show, ended up talking on the phone with a friend for about an hour, then headed down to the show, came back home, and decided to finish off the rest of the movie. [I had to return the movie the next day because I was only borrowing it from my friend and it was due.] Overall, an imaginative, poignant, and at times gut-wrenching film. I'm gonna have to buy this and watch it again.

BBC 6 Music's Gideon Coe has the lowdown on why Gene split. Basically, what Gene's Martin Rossiter said was that the response to their last album "Libertine" was "beyond underwhelming... it just didn't sell", even though he considers it their best album. He continues that he did not want to undervalue those songs by touring every six months and playing the same songs. And he'd rather not turn the band into a nostalgia thing. So in the end, I think the band made the right decision although I hope this isn't necessarily the last we've heard of the band. Gene's last gig will be at the Astoria in London on December 16...I'll be looking for the torrent soonafter.

Torontoist shows how to get a free CD sampler from Absolutely Kosher. Well, I'm game. I've just sent my e-mail. Dum, dum, dum, dum, dummm...

The melee at the end of the Pacers/Pistons game yesterday was sure UGLY. The players in question[Artest, O'neal, Jackson] should have shown restraint and'll likely face some sort of fine, but I say, ban the asshole fans who threw stuff onto the court, from coming to NBA games for at least 2 years. [read the details at NBA.com and check out pop(all love) for more links on the story] Update: 4 players have been suspended indefinitely. [from Yahoo! Sports]

Georgina at Splendid confesses to 13 CDs she's owned but never listened to. ...oh, how I can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment