Thursday, November 18, 2004

Overcome By Happiness

Pernice BrothersThe Pernice Brothers' news update[dated November 19th, 2004] has everything you'd want to know about their new live 2-disc set(one CD and one DVD) being released next month. As well, the new Pernice Brothers album will likely be coming out in March 2005 rather than February, what with Joe Pernice moving up to Canada with wife Laura. Or as the news update puts it: "move to Canada" = "new record later than expected"

Sarah Liss of NOW reviews the Devendra Banhart show in Toronto last week at the Music Gallery. Damn, I didn't know there was only 200 people at the show. Now, I feel special for being there. Although, if my little ol' review seems a tad too positive, I could add that the extended jam that Devendra and band performed to end their encore went on a tad too long. ...Or maybe, it's just that my ingrown toenail was fucking killing me that night.

Guided By Voices on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, December 2, 2004. [from Matador Records news]

My Indie World makes a case for Annie. And I for one am convinced.

Eye has its annual Holiday Record Guide and NOW has its annual Disc Guide as well. Hopefully making my Christmas shopping this year easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment