Tuesday, August 09, 2005

La La Means I Love You

La La means I Love YouJens Lekman recently held a competition over at his website. His instructions were as follows:

"So I want you to do something for me. I want you to go out and spraypaint something on a wall, a house or your old mans Mercedes. it could be a word, a sentence or a picture. If you don't have a spraycan you can use a marker or you could draw it in the sand on the beach if you want to but that's sort of missing the point. I just want you to let the world know that even if life is hard you're not gonna fall in love with your own misery cause you're above that. But use your own words. Be creative."

The photo above is the winner, although I found some of the honorable mentions pretty nifty, in particular the one with the caption "Find a warm heart to make your home." Or how about the more philosphical, "Why are people search for love when they could try my tree?" Check out some of the other photos here(see Jens' update on Aug 8, 2005).[photo credit: William Sandersson]
:
:
Just read the update over at The Heavy Blinkers' website that Jason MacIsaac of the band has started a blog for their fifth album "Health". As Jason puts it you'll soon have access to "exclusive demos, photos and the pointless ramblings of yours truly."

A Soundtrack For Everyone gives a thorough track by track review of The White Stripes' "Get Behind Me Satan", and in the process has convinced me that I need to give this album a chance and stop listening to music critics who've panned the album.

chartattack reports that Toronto rock band Danko Jones have pushed back the release of their new 11 track album, entitled "Sleep Is The Enemy", to early 2006, originally slated for a release this fall. Apparently the guys are burning up the rock radio charts in the states. Here in Canada, I haven't heard a peep.

The Arcade Fire will be opening for U2, playing in Ottawa on November 25th at Corel Centre and in Montreal on November 26th and 28th at Belle Centre. [from Billions] And from Us Kids Know[news update Aug 9, 2005], The Arcade Fire will be one of the performers at this year's Fashion Rocks event. I'd read about this on several blogs but hadn't noticed the info that the event will be broadcast on CBS on September 9th. I'm crossing my fingers that this means The Arcade Fire's performance will make it to the broadcast.

pop77 makes me want to get an iPod. He's got the new mix up now. Plus, check out the newly redesigned site.

A peek at the official Fall website reveals that The Fall are scheduled into October for a series of UK tourdates. The website unfortunately states that, "It appears very unlikely that they'll be playing the U.S. before October; possibly afterwards." I'm assuming when they say U.S., they also mean Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment