Monday, December 26, 2005

The Needle Has Landed

Neko Case: screen capture from 'Fox Confessor Brings The Flood' EPK

Having had a more attentive viewing today of Neko Case's EPK[right click and download] for her upcoming album "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood", I realize how much I enjoy listening to Neko speak about her music. Her stories behind new songs like "Dirty Knife"(inspired by a folkloric story from her grandmother) and "The Needle Has Landed"(written about her feeling out of touch with her hometown of Tacoma, Washington) beg for a VH1 Storytellers-style tour. I'd didn't trip over myself to try to get tickets to her intimate show on January 4th at the Rivoli in Toronto and now I'm a little disappointed that I didn't try. As the show will be a preview of her upcoming album and with the venue being quite intimate, it'll be the perfect opportunity for a little storytelling. I'm just hoping that one of you lucky attendees will be recording the night for posterity(and subsequently sharing it with the rest of us).

No comments:

Post a Comment