Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Hold On, Hold On

Neko CaseMusic journalist Ashley Kahn at NPR profiles singer-songwriter Neko Case. Listen here. Pretty insightful actually.

Minneapolis/St Paul City Pages has the text of a debate between two individuals whether Neko Case is genuine country music or a faker.

Just a reminder that there's an interview with Neko Case that'll be broadcast on CBC television program Zed tomorrow(March 30th).

Anyone get a ticket to the April 3rd taping of the television show "Beautiful Noise" for the RAVE HD channel in the US? The show will feature Neko Case live in concert and will be taped this coming Monday April 3rd at Berkeley Church, 315 Queen Street East, Toronto - one block west of Parliament at the corner of Berkeley & Queen. There are 200 tickets up for grabs and you can request tickets by sending an email with your name to audience515@rogers.com. The subject line of the email must say NEKO CASE. Check out Neko's site for further details. I sent my e-mail yesterday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! [photo above from http://../]

I read Pitchfork's review of The Concretes' new album "In Colour", then sampled the tracks...I will agree with them that the new album's not like the first album[gone are the "...faux-country sashay, the Diana Ross worship, and the willful wobble..."] but I do wholeheartedly disagree with the "...Elton-meets-Lilith piano-led pounce..." reference. ...4.7 my ass. I like the new album; I only wish it had some rave-ups on par with "You Can't Hurry Love". There's always next album. I hope they tear the roof off the Horseshoe Tavern on May 4th. I can't wait.

Heads up...Destroyer has an official website. [ via Catbirdseat]

Check out the newly rescheduled Built To Spill tourdates over at their official website. Torontonians I guess, can catch the band in Buffalo NY at Town Ballroom on April 29th. Actually, I have an advanced copy of the new BTS album "You In Reverse"(officially released on April 11th) and it's hard to believe I'd never gotten around to listening to this band until now. If the first few songs of the album is any indication, it's intricate indie-rock with a great pop sensibility. I think I know what all the fuss is about now.

According to the recent update at The Pernice Brothers website, the man himself Joe Pernice will make his episodic television debut in an upcoming Gilmore Girls and will be singing a song in the show. Check the band's website in the future for the air date of the show. ...Note to Joe(like he's actually reading this): Since you're living in Toronto with your wife Laura how about an appearance on a Canadian television show, like say, Degrassi: The Next Generation? Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment