Monday, December 08, 2003

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"....And so ends the first week of December 2003. The east coast of the U.S. was hit by some doozies of winter storms. Suckas! [Up here, in Ontario[near Toronto] we've been lucky, but sure enough we'll probably get dumped on by a blizzard eventually.] I attended a family Christmas party yesterday, thrown by my younger cousin Michelle and there was a tonne of food. This week, I think my office will probably be having their office Christmas lunch. And I even bought ONE present over the weekend. "It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas!" I think I'll pull out my Christmas music today since I'm off from work, and maybe I'll try to get some shopping done.

I bought The Supremes "Christmas Collection" over the weekend for a couple of bucks[it was used and was missing the CD cover/inserts] and there's some great 60's motown sounding versions of Christmas classics.

Oh, if anyone is watching, this is my Amazon.ca wishlist! ;-)

Also picked up the "Lost In Translation" soundtrack featuring several songs by Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine fame. He can do no wrong! The soundtrack is rounded off by tracks from artists such as Air, Jesus and Mary Chain, Death In Vegas, and others. I haven't seen the film yet [although I'm really psyched about seeing it!], but listening to the soundtrack gives me a feeling of "floating" and seeing the clips of the movie, my impression is that the soundtrack would fit quite nicely the scenes of Bill Murray wandering a foreign country without a sense of purpose. I sort of get the same feeling that the LIT soundtrack gives me when I listen to a dreamy album such as My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless" or Mojave 3's "Excuses For Travellers" when I ride the subway, watching people board and leave the subway and watching the changing scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment