Monday, December 15, 2003

Some Christmas observations.......My Christmas shopping is moving along at a snail's pace but at least it's moving; I purchased a couple of presents over the weekend. And yesterday, here in my neck of woods ie Greater Toronto, Ontario region, we had our first major snowfall, although most of it is already melting. I happened to come across A Charlie Brown Christmas on television; I didn't watch it today, although I've watched it every year, and it is my favourite of all the television Christmas specials! [The soundtrack is so cool also!]

Actually, tonight I watched an episode of MTV Duets on Muchmusic. I think this may have been the first time they showed this program in Canada. Interesting idea: a fan gets to perform a song with their favourite artist. Today a fan performed with Blink 182. The fan was a drummer himself and Travis of Blink 182 sat down with the guy and showed him some drum part ideas which they would play for the song. Travis is really an awesome drummer and he bangs the heck out of his drums! The song that Blink 182 and the fan performed was "Stay Together For The Kids" which is my favourite song of theirs; I really only know Blink 182's singles by the way. "Stay Together For The Kids" is more emo than punk-pop and I really hope that Blink 182 go more in that direction; although I heard that Blink 182-offshoot Box Car Racer was sort of an avenue for Travis and Mark's emo influences so maybe I'll check them out. The "DUETS" version of "Stay Together For The Kids" rocked and I can't wait till they post the download on MTV.COM.!!!

Listened to today: Mean Red Spiders "Stars And Sons", Guided By Voices "Alien Lanes" , Afghan Whigs "What Jail is Like 2 [ep]" ......also been listening to My Bloody Valentine's Loveless ever since seeing Lost In Translation last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment