Sunday, December 14, 2003

Well the big news today was that Saddam Hussein was captured by the U.S. today. I found out around 11:30 am EST. I think his capture was somewhat anti-climatic as most people thought that he would have never been taken alive. It's funny; this is a historically significant event in my lifetime and I'm almost blaise about the whole thing. I guess, living in Canada, I'm so far removed from the Iraqi's situation. It's sort of like when, the big blackout of 2003 occurred during the summer, and the North American press went nuts over the story, but then an Iraqi commented about the blackout and basically said, what's the big deal, because the Iraqi people lived with electrical shortages/blackouts practically every day. ....Seeing the jubilation in the faces of the Iraqi people, I hope that this is the start of a better life for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment