Friday, April 08, 2005

Better Days

So it's been a weird week. My mom went into the hospital last weekend for gall bladder surgery and is presently still there recovering. There have been complications here and there with infections they are still trying to diagnose. She's better and somewhat stable but I'd feel alot better when she's given a clean bill of health. I'm glad I've had my family around and it's times like these where you appreciate them more. My mom's funny; she's been asking me to smuggle her in a Coke when she knows she's not suppose to have it right now. :-) My grandfather was also hospitalized, which reminds me that I should go visit him. Then of course the Pope passed away. I'm Catholic but I think I appreciated the Pope for his message of love and kindess then any of his hardlined Catholic stances. Let's just say I'm a little more liberal-minded on certain issues than other Catholics. I'll leave it at that; I'm not really in the mood for a debate. Of course, the TTC strike's looming for Monday and I've already agreed to drive into the city and carpool with other workmates. I'm still hoping something will be resolved over the weekend. I can only imagine that the roads will be crazy-busy during a transit strike. So you see, my mind hasn't totally been with blogging this past week.

I already had a ticket for the Kathleen Edwards show at The Mod Club and I was in enough of a mood to still go check it out. I'll try posting more on it tomorrow, including some photos, but I have to say she put on a fantastic show. Her voice just ached with emotion and seeing how she was almost brought to tears at the end of the night in response to crowd's response just tugged at my heart. On a related note, check out Kathleen Edwards NOW covergirl.

So I'll be checking out the Phoenix/Dogs Die In Hot Cars/Joy Zipper show tonight at The Opera House. Hopefully I get some good photos.

If you can't catch Of Montreal in Toronto at Sneaky Dee's on April 23rd, they'll be in Hamilton, ON at The Casbah on April 25th. [from 20hz]

No comments:

Post a Comment