Sunday, April 10, 2005

Life Is Beautiful

Tiger Woods wins the MastersWhile the last week has been an emotional rollercoaster with my mom being in the hospital, I can say the weekend has ended on several good notes. My mom had a second surgery over the weekend, for which my family and I spent the entire day[from 11 am to 1 am] at the hospital and I'm relieved to say the operation went well. Today, my nephew had his first communion. A TTC strike has been averted for the moment. Tiger Woods won the Masters, ending a 3-year drought of not winning any major tournaments. And the weather has been wonderful lately. Also I have a couple of good shows to look forward to this week including the Exclaim! show at The Phoenix this Thursday and And You Will Know Us By The Trail of The Dead at The Opera House this Friday. I'm loving life right now.[photo from http://../]

I'm still on a high from the Kathleen Edwards show at The Mod Club in Toronto on April 7th. There's a torrent of a Kathleen Edwards live show in Hamilton, ON from 2003-02-08 courtesy of dimeadozen.org(the folks who use to be easytree.org; they apparently were shut down last week but are now back up again; and my login info still works!). [link from largehearted boy]

The Arcade Fire will be performing a live session for BBC 6 Music's Gideon Coe on May 10, 2005. As usual, sessions start around the 20:40:00 mark(about 8:40 London, England time or about 2:40 Eastern Standard Time). Or else the shows are usually archived for a week. Oh and I just realized that the live sessions are archived, so don't fret.

Swedish indiepop-sters Sambassadeur performed this past April 8th on BBC 6 Music's Gideon Coe program, playing lovely versions of "Between The Lines"(the title of their debut EP) and "In The Calm". As Mr. Coe pointed out in the introduction to "In The Calm", the drumbeat comes courtesy of an iPod!

The Mint Records site indicates that Carolyn Mark will be playing in Toronto as part of the Harbourfront T.O. Twang Fest which is scheduled from August 12-14th. Anyone have a tentative lineup for this festival?

No comments:

Post a Comment