Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh My Coachella

The inaugural 3-DAY Coachella festival starts tomorrow. Oh, the days went it was just 2 days. My friend and I went in 2004 which was a blast. Filter points towards the schedule which illustrates why such big music festivals are awesome and frustrating all at once, although the way such festivals are scheduled is ultimately practical. The lineup of Coachella has a dizzying array of interesting artists to check out and even if I haven't heard many of the bands, at least I've heard of a lot of them and I'd be tempted to check them out. The frustrating part is that there's the inevitable overlapping schedules of different stages which prevents one from seeing all the artists he/she would like to see. The practicality of the scheduling, the way I see it, is that the organizers want to spread out attendance at any given time, as evenly as possible amongst the different stages. So big music festivals have their ups and downs, but in the end it's all about the experience. And with Coachella, you have the added bonus of being in California with it's lovely summer-like weather and its beautiful sunsets. I envy everyone going this year but I shall try to live it out as vicariously as possible through the internet this weekend. Does anyone know who'll be streaming performances on the 'net this year?
:
:
In other news, Ladytron's Reuben Wu and Mira Aroyo are going on the road for a DJ tour and will be at Spin Gallery in Toronto on May 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment