Monday, December 24, 2012

Sigur Ros @ Echo Beach, Toronto (August 1, 2012)

Jónsi Birgisson of Sigur Ros: photo by Michael Ligon
  Jónsi Birgisson of Sigur Ros: photo by Michael Ligon

Tis' Christmas Eve and with all my presents wrapped and before some of my family and I sit down for a simple Christmas Eve dinner, I thought I'd post a link to my photos from the Sigur Ros show from this past August. Back on August 1st of this year, the Icelandic group Sigur Ros returned to Toronto after a four year wait in support of their sixth studio album, Valtari, released this past May. The venue was the near perfect outdoor summer venue Echo Beach off Lake Ontario on on what turned out to be a beautiful summer night. Alternately epic and overwhelming, and intimate and embryonic, it was a show I've seen before in an indoor setting (Massey Hall) but on a perfect summer night in an outdoor setting made it so much more expansive. Terrific show.

Check out my photos from the show over at my Flickr.

Reviews and/or photos of the show over at The Toronto Sun, Blog TO, The National Post, Exclaim, Music Vice, and Chromewaves.

More photos over at Lithium, Beyond The Watch, and the band's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment