Tuesday, February 17, 2004

"But I don't want to be a pirate!" - Jerry Seinfeld


  • Yahoo! News: RIAA Sues 531 Suspected Music Pirates (written by David McGuire, washingtonpost.com) - This is really bullshit. Privacy issues aside, I think the music industry is targeting individuals for the wrong reasons. They want to send out a clear message that they will not tolerate mp3 sharing because it is hurting the music industry. Who I find completely at fault is the music industry for their reluctance to substantially reduce the price of prerecorded music CD's within the last 20 years.


  • Toronto Star: Janeane Garofalo, essayist - Actress, turned author, Janeane Garofalo will release a new book this fall called For Those About to Salute, We Will Rock You. She's quite the outspoken activist towards issues such as the War in Iraq and the 'failures' of the Bush Administration. I'll be interested in reading more of her views on these and other subjects.


  • Yahoo! News: NBC's Conan O'Brien Issues 'Apology' to Quebec (from Reuters) - Conan is a class act. 'Nuff said.


  • DVD: DVD's purchased today(I've watched these a while ago but I couldn't pass up the deal of 2 DVD's for $15 at Sunrise Records):


  • MP3: Check out this French site which has a bunch of great live concerts available in mp3 format for download. These live sets are performances from the La Route du Rock festival. I'm not fluent in French(you'd think after taking French all through elementary and secondary school, I would have learned something!) so I'm not sure if this is site is officially affiliated with the La Route du Rock festival. I'm hoping it stays up for a bit so I have a chance to download some of the concerts. The site includes concerts ranging from Portishead and Goldfrapp to Interpol! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment