Thursday, March 03, 2005

Taking Care of Business

Andy DickI had booked today off in order to sleep in as I was planning to go to The Phoenix yesterday to catch controller.controller and Esthero. And we know how that turned out. Today turned out to be mostly about relaxing in the morning and getting things done in the afternoon. It's always nice to get things done. I managed to get some things done today that I've been putting off for way too long:

- I had a bank appointment today and the bank employee did some money management things including opening a personal line of credit for me, transferring some bank account funds/GIC funds into a greater interest-bearing savings account, and finally making an application for a more benefical credit card.

- Got a haircut. It'll do.

- FINALLY got around to getting my eye examination. The last time I had been to that optometrist office was back in 1996 and I can't remember if I've been to one since then. Surprisingly, my prescription(as mild as it already is) hasn't changed. Now time to pick out new frames and maybe finally make the jump into contact lenses. Bonus: the optometrist was a real cutie. I think I managed not to come off like a blabbering idiot.

Now if I only could be this constructive EVERYDAY.

Cross your fingers for me about getting in to tonight's Damon and Naomi headlining show at the El Mocambo with my wristband. And if I don't get in, the SHIT WILL HIT THE ROOF.

In other news, my girl A Girl Called Eddy gets the cover of NOW, with accompanying cover story. I'll be going to see her live with Keren Ann at the Horseshoe this March 6th. I'll try to make the Soundscapes instore the same day at 4pm.

I haven't seen this tidbit linked to yet, although it's a couple of days old now. Over at Pitchfork, Andrew Whiteman of Apostle of Hustle lists his 'Top 10 Doo-Wop Songs, in Order of Ruggedness'.

The Assistant, featuring Andy Dick, is apparently premiering in Canada tonight, but I can't remember which channel(and I'm thinking of another channel other than MTV Canada, because I don't get that). ANYTHING with Andy Dick is HILARIOUS. [photo above from http://../]

No comments:

Post a Comment