Friday, July 21, 2006

Who Taught You To Live Like That

Concert Announcements(primarily from Lee's Palace and Horseshoe Tavern websites):

- Sept 14: Electric Six @ Lee's Palace - tickets $15.50
- Sept 19: The Mountain Goats @ Lee's Palace - tickets $15.00
- Sept 20: Asobi Seksu @ Horseshoe Tavern - tickets $8.50
- Sept 21-22: controller.controller @ Horseshoe Tavern - tickets $12.50
- Sept 24: Oppenheimer @ Sneaky Dee's
- Sept 25: Be Your Own Pet & The Black Lips @ Horseshoe Tavern - tickets $12.00

I'm disappointed that the Asobi Seksu show on September 20th is on the same day as The Cardigans show at The Opera House. Sorry but I have to see The Cardigans since I was so disappointed missing seeing them when they played at Lee's Palace in May 2004.

I noticed the next couple of items on the Horseshoe Tavern website: Apostle of Hustle has been added to the Lambchop/Tosca Strings gig at The Mod Club on September 24th. Tickets $20.00. Julie Doiron is on the bill with Magnolia Electric Co. and Shearwater for the show at Lee's Palace on September 12th.

Rock Snob points to Culture Bully who has an mp3 of the new Sloan single "Who Taught You To Live Like That" available for download.

Watch/listen to the live session Camera Obscura did for Morning Becomes Eclectic on Wednesday July 19, 2006.

The Montreal Mirror interviewed guitarist Darcy Hancock of Ladyhawk who played in Toronto at the Rivoli yesterday evening I think I've been a little out of it. The show is tonight. I couldn't go because I was(am) getting over a cold still. I'm almost over my cold; maybe I'll go tonight. Stay tuned for Chromewaves' review and photos because I believe he went is going to the show.

I also missed the Greg Gaffin(with The Weakerthans as his backing band) show at Lee's Palace yesterday. ANTI- has a podcast featuring interview footage with Greg that is intercut with tracks and commentary on the music from his new album "Cold As The Clay".

No comments:

Post a Comment