Thursday, January 22, 2004

'Canada, represent!' & 'Houston, we have a problem, part II'


  • Check out Eye Weekly's 13th Annual Cross-Canada Music Critics Poll and all the wonderful music you probably never got to purchase[I only have about a quarter of the CD's that were listed in their top 30 list]. One good thing about the poll: CANADA REPRESENTS![We're more than just Shania Twain and Celine Dion!]


  • Great Canadian girl pop-punk band Tuuli annouce some tour dates. Check out the Tuuli official site and click on 'shows'. Looks like the band is now a three-piece.


  • While I was at the mall I came across a book sale which had this book called The Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You'Ve Never Heard by Roni Sarig. It covers a bunch of 'influential' artists ranging from Serge Gainsbourg, to the Fall, to Young Marble Giants, and Wire. I remember that the back of the book even had an endorsement from Thurston Moore(of Sonic Youth)....I would have bought it but I didn't have any cash, I forgot my bank card at home, and the book sale didn't accept credt cards. Damn it. I'll probably go back on the weekend to get the book.


  • Oh the irony: Check out this newspaper advertisement(taken from the 22/01/2004 edition of the Metro newspaper - Toronto edition) from the Art Gallery of Ontario. (If you're totally clueless, read this(courtesy of Pulse24.com.)


  • Um, where does this screw go? -> CNN: "NASA unable to communicate with Mars rover"



No comments:

Post a Comment