Tuesday, January 13, 2004

The Simple Life


  • Guilty Pleasure: The Simple Life, "the reunion show" was on tonight. I caught a bit of it on tv. The ups, the downs. The hijinks, the boredom. New experiences, old habits. Paris and Nicole freakin' made the show hilarious. I'm not sure if it was Paris and Nicole or the television show who bought the Dodge Durango for the "Simple Life" family but, regardless, it was a classy move.


  • Exciting news if you are a Living End, The fan! I heard on 102.1 The Edge today that the band, in advance of the release of their new CD, will be releasing the album legitimately in mp3 format on the 'net. I'm assuming that they meant on The Living End official web site, although at the moment I don't see any news on that page which confirms this. I'll be checking the site periodically to see if the mp3's are posted. That's strange? I wonder where 102.1 The Edge got this little tidbit.


  • This was sort of a 'sad' story I came across: The Beastie Boys record label Grand Royal is up for sale on the internet auction site bid4assets.com. Apparently the label went bankrupt two years ago. I have Grand Royal releases from the Beastie Boys, Luscious Jackson, Bran Van 3000 and Ben Lee that I can think of. The Beasties deserve some props for releasing some cool music. I wonder what this will mean for the next Beasties CD. ....Hey, if you have a minimum of $10,000, why don't you head over to bid4assets.com and place a bid. :)


  • Got my Endearing Records order in the mail today. Check out Endearing Records for some of the finer pop releases of today and yesteryear[more like over the last 5 years]. They've released some great music from artists such as Plumtree, The Salteens, The Pets, and too many others to mention. They have some mp3's on the site if you are interested in sampling their releases. Support indie music!


  • NBA All-Star 2004 Balloting continues until January 18. After the third returns, Vince Carter of the Toronto Raptors and Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers lead the Eastern and Western Conferences, respectively. Check out the Top 10 Vote-Getters and results of balloting after the third returns. The 53rd NBA All-Star Game will be played at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment