Thursday, January 08, 2004

New Year's Resolution: I will use my Sick Days!

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and went to work. On the drive to work, I was listening to 680 News and during the Health segment they discussed the issue of people going to work sick and exposing others to their germs. I thought my sore throat would pass but once I got to work I realized I should have stayed home. What with all the SARS and flu paranoia, I thought I should go home and save others from exposure to my germs. [not to mention, getting to leave work early and relax ;-) ] So I stayed the morning, then let my manager know that I had a sore throat, and I went home.

I've rarely used sick days unless I absolutely had to. I(like many others) might wake up one morning, feel crappy, and unless I'm absolutely dying, drag myself to work rather than call in sick. Why did I do it? Well no more! Stacey Burling of the Philadelphia Inquirer wrote an article outlining why people go to work when they're sick.

ps. I'm glad I listened to 680 News this morning!
.
.
.
Links o' the day! :

No comments:

Post a Comment