Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here Comes The Weekend

So leading into this long Easter Weekend, I really have nothing too substantial to offer. It was a beautiful 20 Degrees Celsius this afternoon in downtown Toronto which makes those mid-afternoon coffee breaks at work so much better! I'll probably check out the Voxtrot show tonight at Sneaky Dee's in Toronto.

Here are some concert announcements: Local eighties alternative act Chalk Circle will be at Lee's Palace on June 19th; I liked them back in high school, although with tickets priced at $20, I don't think I like them that much. The Spinto Band and The Lovely Feathers will be at El Mocambo on June 6th[via Pollstar]. The Bellrays will bring a "maximum rock n' soul" party to the Horseshoe Tavern on June 16th. Here's a little retro-sounding soul, horn-filled number from The Bellrays to tantalize your earbuds(man, this song reminds me alot of Otis Redding):

mp3: The Bellrays - "Third Times The Charm"

And word on the street is that there's now NO Canadian dates for The Fall's upcoming North American tour; it seems the Vancouver date has now been pulled(after the already pulled Calgary and Edmonton dates). Eric Warner over at Stille Post has a whole wack of Toronto show listings for many a band I haven't actually heard/heard of; I always thought I was sort of on top of new music, but damn, I now realize I can't keep up with all these new bands.

Chartattack reports on the upcoming expanded reissue of The Jam's "All Mod Cons" which'll feature two discs(one CD and one DVD) and'll include a bunch bonus demos!

No comments:

Post a Comment