Friday, April 28, 2006

On The Radio

still from the The Concretes new music video for 'On The Radio'videos.antville.org points the way toward the new music video(right click & save) for The Concretes' "On The Radio". The video was directed by Daniel Levi who operates out of production company, Independent. Mr. Levi directed The Concretes' previous music video for "The Chosen One" as well as Interpol's "Slow Hands". I haven't actually watched the new Concretes video since I can't install the most up-to-date version of Quicktime on my computer which is still running Windows 98, although I'm sure the video is great. Ok, I'm optimistic.

If you noticed my sidebar, I've updated my concerts list with the shows I will go to or am considering going to. It's filling up quickly. God, I love Toronto. I've been meaning to check out vibraphone-frinedly 'pop orchestra' Hylozoists for a while now and this time I'll try when they hit Horseshoe Tavern for a show on June 17th; tickets $8. I guess I'll be missing the show at The Music Gallery on that same day which'll feature Pedro The Lion's David Bazan; tickets $17.50. Pitchfork reports that Montreal DJ extraordinaire A-Trak will be hitting the road for a North American tour and will be in Toronto for a show at Spin Gallery on June 2nd. Jason Collett will be opening the Calexico show at Phoenix on July 6th according to Pollstar. Of course the show I'm most excited to see, and by this point you've probably already heard, Wilco will be at Massey Hall on July 7th; tickets onsale soon.

Pitchfork reports that Jesus and Mary Chain's long out-of-print first five albums are being reissued by Rhino Records on DualDisc format on July 11th. The five albums being reissued are 1985's "Psychocandy", 1987's "Darklands", 1989's "Automatic", 1992's "Honey's Dead", and 1994's "Stoned and Dethroned". The discs offer newly remastered versions of the albums on the CD side, while the DVD side features the albums in high-resolution audio format along with three music videos. I'd normally have been excited about reissues, but I'm not a big fan of the Dual Disc format, and I'd sooner want one DVD with all the band's music videos rather than have to buy the five Dual Disc reissues separately. Maybe someone will read this and fulfill my wish.

I'm completely excited about the news that Filter reports on Phoenix joining the Arts & Crafts family. Their show at The Opera House on April 5, 2005 was damn good and I can't wait for them to return. [via Chromewaves]

Popmatters reviews a recent Metric show and declares that "...Metric's opening days are done." Didn't we all know Metric were destined for stardom, expecially for a band with a website URL of www.ilovemetric.com?

I hate it when shitty things happen to good bands. The madness has to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment