Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sugar and Spice

In my blog post last week on Basia Bulat[MySpace], I said, "Basia's been the topic of sporadic blog postings...but I'm sure things'll pick up when the album's released in February." Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have underestimated the blogging community, as blog activity on Basia's started earlier than I expected. Leading the pack is the high recommendations from Said The Gramophone who provides a few tracks("Snakes and Ladders", "Pilgriming Vine") for download along with his usual entertaining commentary. The blogosphere has taken notice. [thanks to Chromewaves for pointing towards SAG's post]

Torontoist ponders if 2007 might be the year of Basia Bulat. Such a polite Canadian stance if I've ever seen one. I mean, if it were the NME they'd be declaring it(of course moving on to the next big thing the week after.) And that's why Canada rules.

Basia lets NOW know what she's currently being listen to(two of which happen to be a couple of my favourite albums of last year).

So yes, Basia performs her first headlining show in Toronto tonight at The Drake Hotel, with openers Barzin[MySpace] and Habitat. Habitat, I believe, was a late addition to the bill and I've been meaning to catch them live and I've already mentioned that I like Barzin. An awesome bill all around. I'll be there with bells on.

No comments:

Post a Comment